2015 was a big year for us here at Mouthpiece as we marked our one year anniversary by welcoming readers from the Daily Record onto our community. It's been an action packed year which has seen...
- Us running just over 30 surveys in total as well as our first ever online forums (expect to see more of these later this year).
- Of course surveys mean prizes and throughout 2015 we’ve given away over 200 prizes including over £4,000 worth of shopping vouchers and a brand new iPad mini to one lucky winner.
With our research highlights including:
- Over 1,000 of you taking part in our January State of the Nation survey, telling us about your plans for the year and in turn helping our feature writers decide which areas to focus on based on your answers.
- Co-inciding with the general election, we wanted to understand how our readers were engaging with our election coverage. While the focus on Twitter and Facebook as deciding factors may have been over emphasised, it was clear that this was very much a social election with 56% of you talking about politics with friends and family in the lead up to the vote. You also told us NHS & healthcare, the cost of living and social care were the most important issues to you.
- Our August film survey saw nearly 1,500 of you share your opinions on the year’s big releases with your answers giving us a fascinating glimpse into attitudes towards new cinema initiatives such as open-air cinemas, secret cinemas and 4D cinema experiences.
- We also focused on the role of small businesses and how our news titles can better support them with your answers giving us a much better understanding of how our readers are interacting with local businesses like hairdressers, beauty salons, florists, gardening services, repairmen and funeral directors.
- Working with the charity Media Trust, we asked readers to evaluate articles written by aspiring young journalists, providing these young writers with feedback on their stories.
- Liverpool Echo and Birmingham Mail readers also had the chance to get involved in helping to re-design their papers which both launched with a new look and packed with new features towards the end of last year.
Thank you to everyone who has taken part in our surveys over the last 12 months. It's been a great year and we're excited with what 2016 holds in store with some great new initiatives for you to sink your teeth into in the near future.